Jobs in Howrah district Court 2019 | Howrah district Court Recruitment 2019-2020

Official website of Howrah district Court

In 1793, Hooghly-Howrah district was formed in a separate administrative unit and in that year a judge and a magistrate were appointed. The revenue jurisdiction of the district was separated only in 1819, making it a part of the Burdwan collectorate. In 1832, the District Judge was given a new look in the form of District and Sessions Judge. In 1843, Howrah was separated as an independent magistral charge and was placed under the joint magistrate, but the judicial administration continued for both districts under the integrated judiciary. In 1839, there were 9 munsifs in the Hooghly-Howrah district, which were posted in Hooghly, Nansoria, Mahanad, Badyabati, Rajpur, Dwarahatta, Kshirpai, Bali and Uluberia. In 1860 there were 10 magistral and 22 civil and revenue courts in the district, which increased to 18 and 18 in 1870-71, respectively. Many times through historical and political events, the present district has emerged and it has taken the current shape.